Just when you thought we couldn’t top ourselves, BOOM! We’ve done it again! What, you thought we were going to stop at our monthly box full of amazing goodies? Nah. We are happy to announce we will be delivering weekly blogs for you all. These blogs will range from recipe videos to vlogs about our daily married/business/fitness life and the occasional rant. We want you all to get to know us as more than just a cookie company. We work our faces off to constantly deliver value and we can’t wait to deliver more to you.
So, what do we kick off our first blog post ever? Well, with some scrumptious little Lime Tarts of course! Watch our video (Be easy on us ok, we are still newbies at this!) and check out the recipe down below!
You know what the best part of these little tarts is? They are gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and have no refined sugar or oils.
1 cup almonds
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup honey
2 TBSP lime juice
1 cup cashews (Soaked in water overnight or for at least one hour)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut milk (Refrigerated overnight so that it solidifies)
1/4 cup lime juice
1. Grease muffin tin with coconut oil so your little tarts can easily come out.
2. Place almonds in food processor and blend until all the almonds are finely chopped and you have a course almond flour.
3. Place remaining crust ingredients into food processor and pulse for 3-4 minutes. You will notice you will have a nice crust that holds together.
4. Fill each muffin tin with the crust and tightly press it into the tin.
5. Set aside.
1. Place all filling ingredients into food processor and blend for 3-4 minutes. It should be completely smooth with no lumps. If you have lumps keep blending until completely smooth.
1. Using a piping bag or a scoop fill your muffin tins with the crust on the bottom with the lime filling.
2. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm and set.
3. With the remaining coconut milk you can top the tarts with coconut milk and garnish with lime and coconut flakes.
4. Enjoy and devour!