As promised here is another amazing paleo dessert that is a go to for us when we are entertaining guests and want to blow their minds! This is a fast and simple creme brûlée that you are going to love!
Dairy Free Crème Brûlée
2 cups coconut milk
1 vanilla bean
3 large egg yolks
1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In baking dish, place 4 (6-oz) ceramic ramekins.
- On a stove top over medium heat, whisk coconut milk and vanilla bean until thick for 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, slightly beat egg yolks and ¼ cup of coconut sugar with wire whisk until thick and frothy.
- Gradually add coconut milk into egg mixture. Do not pour it all at once since you run the risk of cooking the egg yolks. Remember slow and steady wins the race!
- Strain milk mixture
- Scoop all the froth from the top of the coconut milk
- Pour cream mixture evenly into ramekins.
- Carefully place pan with ramekins in oven. Pour enough boiling water into pan, being careful not to splash water into ramekins, until water covers ¾ of the height of the ramekins.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until top is light golden brown and sides are set (centers will be jiggly).
- Using tongs or grasping tops of ramekins with pot holder, carefully transfer ramekins to cooling rack. Cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight
- Uncover ramekins; gently blot any liquid from tops of custards with paper towel. Using the remaining coconut sugar sprinkle it over the chilled custard. Holding kitchen torch 3 to 4 inches from custard, caramelized sugar on each custard by heating with torch about 2 minutes, moving flame continuously over sugar in circular motion, until sugar is melted and light golden brown.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 8 hours before serving.