Anyone who meets Bryan and I knows how obsessed we are with Monty. He's more than just a dog to us. He is our companion. Our little buddy that comes to work with us, that snuggles and keeps our legs warm at night and that constantly throws parties any time we enter a room. Yes, you can say it. We are crazy obsessed with Monty.
We are crazy with just about everything with Monty, including his food. When we first got him I spent hours on dogfoodavisor.com
researching and analyzing the little graph they have showing the protein to carb and fat ratio until I finally found a clean food that
I was completely comfortable with. His current food is made up of protein, fruits and veggies. There are no other additives or ingredients. Like a true paleo dog!(In case you're wondering, it's from Primalpetfoods.com)
And like a true paleo dog he needs paleo treats when he's being a good boy! So, like
a true Paleo baking dog mom, I made Montys treats from scratch. (I mean, I bake for a living, so I figured our dog should enjoy some of my baking skills too!) I also figured Monty shouldn't be the only dog enjoying these goodies, so I present to you Pumpkin Banana Paleo Dog treats!
Please note that you should only give 2-3 treats a day to you dog. We allowed Monty to dig his face into the dog treat jar for the photos and let's just say he used the bathroom more than once during his nightly walk (the pumpkin is a great source of fiber) You have been warned.
1 1/2 cups coconut flour
1 can pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie purée)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Peel banana and mash with fork inside a big bowl until smooth
3. Place all ingredients in the mashed banana bowl and mix until a ball of dough forms
4. Wrap your dough in cellophane paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
5. Remove dough from the refrigerator and with a rolling pin roll the dough between two sheets on parchment paper until you have the desired cookie thickness. We like our treats thin.
5. With cookie cutter of choice cut your cookies.
6. Place treats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
7. Bake treats for 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes are up flip each cookie and bake for another 5 minutes or until the treats are nice and crispy!
8. Let cool and let your pup enjoy! (Not gonna lie, I try these sometimes too)